Tuesday, February 3, 2009

no sweeter name


It's so tough to be away from the computer and internet sometimes (sniff sniff)... and for so long... we have now been without our ever-slow-running computer for over a month! Fortunately there are times (like nap time right now) where I have a few minutes to jump on the laptop at work - if it's there. Nothing super profound to share or bursting within ready to happen (gosh, where was the laptop a few days ago!)... just simply didn't want to pass the opportunity at the screen.

My two favorite parts of my day so far: 

1. While taking Mia to school this morning there were roads blocked off due to a bad car accident. Once we were able to pass, Mia was quite inquisitive about the fire truck, ambulance, and all else that was going on around the scene. "Boo boos?" she asked. I explained there had been an accident and the ambulance was there to help and take them to the hospital. "We should pray for them," I said. So right there, driving down the road, I reached back, we linked hands, and we prayed. Such a joy and privilege to be shaping the ways things are done in the perspective and heart of a little person. It obviously impacted her because the first thing she said to me when I went to pick her up was about the people with the boo-boos.

2. While about half way home on the drive from pre-school, I heard from the back seat some of the most precious singing my ears could hear...  "No sweeter name than the name of Jesus..."

Oh Lord, keep me mindful of what I'm pouring into these girls, and may it always be words of truth. May their sweet singing unto you now be the same songs and words that melodiously walk them through every step of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment