Thursday, October 1, 2009

i'm fairly certain...

i'm fairly certain...

... with my current schedule, my favorite weekday is Wednesday. It's now my only full day at the house [where the girls live]. Not only do I get the sense of accomplishment and productivity [from having more hours to do things] but I also feel like I come a bit more alive when I get to spend a couple hours in the kitchen being creative through means of cooking. Yesterday I baked banana nut bread, made some yummy lentil & barley soup, prepared the meat for tomorrow's (today's) meal, and baked a tasty & crunchy broccoli snack for us to nibble in the afternoon.

... lunch is my favorite meal of the day. My breakfast is powerful and dearly loved; when it's neglected my whole day is off-kilter. Lunch proves to be another time of creativity and fun. So many bountiful flavors bursting in my mouth! Not too long ago I had commented to Priscilla that my husband has got to like my mod-podge style of cooking because that's pretty much all I do. ... not that I can't make other types of meals, but these seem to be what I lean toward, are my favorite, and enjoy making the most. Lunch today: a bed of spinach leaves, one whole grated carrot, diced hard-boiled egg, some glazed almonds and pecans, and just a sprinkle of red wine vinegar on top. Thats what I call OH SO GOOD! :) [ I would have sliced some avocado in there too if we had some.]

... 25,000 miles is quite a bit to put on a vehicle in 15 months. My eyes widened yesterday as I glanced down at my dashboard and saw the big "70000" winking back at me. What a great 25,000 it has been.

... some of my favorite times are when my girls are singing worship songs, request worship songs while in the car, and say things that reflect they're taking in what we talk about when we do our Bible readings/discussions and when I share things about God. Wednesdays are gymnastics days, and it usually takes us between 20-30 minutes to get there. Yesterday when I shared with the girls that we arrived a little earlier than normal, Mia responded with, "Maybe cuz God said there not be as much traffic." Oh how precious! I don't know that there were many times during our rainy season [that seems to have just ended yesterday!] that Mia and I didn't go over why it rains - "Because God told it to." So then yesterday to hear her not only articulate a comprehension that God is in control, but then to also apply it in another context was such a sweet nanny moment for me.

... I LOVE the way God loves me on through others when they comment, interact, or speak into a quirk or attribute they see or know God has specifically placed in me. It's so sweet to receive all kinds of golden nuggets - anywhere from... little comments communicating they remember/know what kind of breakfast I eat [even this morning I got a message from a friend saying she thinks of me eating my half an apple on my way to work most times she eats an apple]; a piece of dark chocolate - knowing I've been craving it; txts expressing things that make others think of me - bails of hay, lone trees, cows, a beautiful sky, etc.; calling out a gifting in me and speaking empowering words into it; commenting on my eyes and how they are bright - how they shine "Be bright today..."; to... commenting on how hilarious I am, "you went through the funny line 39 times." Okay, so this isn't meant to be an "all about me" post, I'm just thankful for the people in my life, the ways they show me God's love, and the treasure and fun in being known. Thank you, sweet, precious, thoughtful friends for choosing to have eyes to see and then communicating to me about it. You fill my love tank and I'm so very grateful.

... I am a much healthier (not just physically) and happier person when I get my "Y time" in the mornings. The unpleasant guests - tiredness, tons of stress, exhaustion, and emotional depletion were visiting last week. Ugh. After over one week of not being at the Y, this morning was my second morning back and oh how great it was. It seriously transforms my whole day. I can't yet say that my un-welcomed guests from last week have left entirely, but I do actually recall hearing my alarm this morning - as opposed to all three of them [yes, I set three alarms - that's how much I want to be at the Y] going off [with who knows how many snoozes] and me having zero recollection of any of it. The best was when I woke up at the time I was supposed to be arriving at work! [Yes, that's total sarcasm and it only comes out when I'm really, really upset]. Back to the happy note - I made it to the Y this morning! Yeaaaa!!!

... this was a rather random and silly post. If you're still reading, thanks. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment