Mia celebrated Thanksgiving today with a Thanksgiving feast at her school. Four different 3's and 4's classrooms got together in the large meeting room. Each child brought their favorite food to contribute to the feast. I saw some chicken nuggets from McDonald's and a pizza in a box from Pizza Hut. That's funny. You know what else is funny is that I've been asking Mia what her favorite food is multiple times a day for several days - you know, because it changes regularly. Well, to my surprise, after day two her answer was not changing. "Cheese." That was the answer I got from her on day two and that was the answer she gave me every day up to yesterday. So, a plate full of cut cheese it was. Can you guess the one item Mia didn't want as we walked through the line? Yes, that's right, cheese.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
pilgrims and indians. And bullies?
Each child made a cute little place mat with a painted hand print-turned-turkey and a headdress with colorful feathers. We sat and enjoyed the feast together (I stuck to Melanie's pot pie and some grapes) and then ventured outside to play on the playground before heading home for nap time. Our time on the playground came to a screeching halt when Daisy came around from the side of the playhouse screaming with her hands on her chest. Mia had picked Daisy's feet up off the chair she was standing on and pushed her the rest of the way out the window she was leaning through. Yes, that's right, she picked up her feet and pushed her out the window! What in the world do I do with that!?!? What's horrible is this is sadly not the first bullying story I've heard or witnessed when it comes to Mia. It's awful to be walking to or from her classroom and hear other children, "Mommy, that's Mia. She's mean," or "Mommy, there's Mia. She's not nice, but I'm still going to be her friend," and "Look, Mia! She takes my toys." Oh gosh. Mommy, Mia is a bully and I don't know how to curb that behavior!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment