I was informed by the girls' mother the other morning that she was having a conversation with Lily about Abraham Lincoln and his work to free the slaves. [ Lily loves learning all about and discussing the presidents. ] President's Day is coming as well as Abraham Lincoln's birthday. Anyway, as Carrie said something about Lincoln freeing the slaves Lily chimed in with, "Well Moses freed the slaves too!"
[ Outside of my reading, sharing, and discussing with Lily, she doesn't get opportunities to hear of Jesus or all the wondrous things in the Bible. ]
Oh what a proud nanny I am. Proud and kicking myself. GOSH! WHY AREN'T I SPENDING EVERY BREATH FILLING HER WITH SCRIPTURE!??!?! Okay, so that's not quite reasonable, but really, I was kicking myself . I try to have us on a routine, but some days are just meant for spontaneity and other days come with curve balls. Do we get to our devotional every day that I'm with the girls? Sadly, no. So now after hearing that Carrie is getting Bible messages, stories, and initiated prayers from Lily, I'm kicking myself for the days that I have allowed to escape us when we have not been infilling ourselves with more of HIS greatness. I'm also thinking of the example I'm setting for them. What am I showing them about discipline and a love for being in the word? Hopefully it is one of grace and that it's not about legalism or routine, but a matter of the heart, relationship, and still a great importance of knowing HIM and the Truth in HIS word.
Oh Lord, protect and guide their little hearts and minds and help me to walk in better wisdom and stewardship of their precious, mold-able, hungry beings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a great picture of the impact and influence you have. Seems you have a burgeoning ministry.
ReplyDelete