Tuesday, January 6, 2009

why cuz um...


...they love me! That's why.

I was met at the door of the girls' house this morning by two squealing, smiling little faces. I wasn't allowed to open the door until I went back and looked at the little birthday flag that had been placed in the yard with the number 28 on the balloon.

Lily told me to close my eyes as they led me into the kitchen and there I found the table all set with birthday plates, a Hello Kitty birthday balloon, Dora napkins, chocolate-covered strawberries on the plates, and a bag of nutty granola near the plate designated for me. What a special treat! After big hugs exchanged, the girls and I sat at the wonderfully prepared table, thanked God for the day ahead, and enjoy our special breakfast together before taking Lily to school. I am so beyond blessed by these two very special little girls God so specifically led me to. Thank you God!

[Mia has incorporated saying, "why cuz um" into some of her sentences. It's funny the way she says it so quickly without any pauses as she attempts to communicate why she did something, or why something happened. "Nellie, Nemo blanket. Why cuz um cold." ]

No comments:

Post a Comment