My first thought when I saw your comment was, "Whoa, someone actually reads this?!?"
My very next thought was a scene from the movie, "You've Got Mail" which is exactly how I imagined our interactions playing out.
So, I, like Meg Ryan, will start as if we're long-time friends rather than two 'strangers.'
Well, Anonymous, thank you for stopping by. And, thank you for knowing me. Why haven't I written anything in a while? Well, because I allowed life to get the best of me. Is everything ok? Well, it hasn't been, but it will be. It will be.
It's day two of my 'staycation' and I'm feeling pretty lost. The hours don't go fast enough and they speed too quickly at the same time. Meaninglessness fills much of my time, and something inside me is itching to be realized. I see the face on little Evan Taylor in the movie, "August Rush" as he's conducting his rhapsody. The joy and life is oozing out of him as he's walking in something he was made for. I long for that. I long to feel life, joy, and fulfillment ooze out of me as I walk in something I was made for. I long for what is itching within me to be realized, and I question if longing for this is fantasy.
The content of this post doesn't possess the same air of lightness and smiles as Meg Ryan does when referencing New York in the fall and bouquets of sharpened pencils. I will say that my air-conditioner (which is set at 79) just kicked on, I'm sitting here in a tank top, and I made some pumpkin chili yesterday. I do love fall, daisies are one of my favorite flowers, and God gave me a whole pot of beautiful daisies which now adorn the center of the table at which I am sitting.
No comments:
Post a Comment