A friend and I were talking over the weekend about change. "We were created for change." he said, "If we didn't change, we'd be God." God is unchanging; it's one of His attributes clearly stated in the Bible. We are created in His likeness, yes, but we are not created to be Him. So He is unchanging - the same yesterday, today, forever, and we are continually changing - hopefully more and more into His likeness.
Speaking of change and chapters ending and others beginning... this is the first of my last four days of the way of life I've known for over two years! As I sit here now with screams and squeals in the background and watch them interact and play, I'm finding myself a bit nostalgic as I vividly recall what this scene looked like two years ago... Oh so different. Whelp, my 10-11 hours a day is coming to a close. Mia will attend pre-school 5 mornings per week now. [They really do grow up so fast!] Many things are still unknown and I'm walking into another opportunity to cling and trust. Many things don't make sense [financially] about the chapter I'm rapidly approaching, yet I stand as Job [against many voices of "logical" thinking] and stand on knowing God has not yet directed me to move on from this current position of serving, loving, and living life with my little Lily and Mia.
I mentioned previously about knowing change/transition was coming, but I had no idea what that looked like... now I do. Ish. It doesn't really solve all the financial questions and concerns, so it's a good thing my life, my bills, my finances, and every breath I breath are all His to begin with. Thank you God for being the reigning King and Lord over all in my life and my life itself.
No comments:
Post a Comment