the birthday, whistle lips... a certain party fun
we had fun all being in twirly skirts that day
ah, Dora... her current favorite
notice the distinct similarities...
Mia, you are such a joy. I am a very blessed woman indeed to get to spend the hours of my days with you.
[Okay, so here I am several days later now attempting to pick up where I left this post so I can just get it out there already! I've found (even more so in the last month) that unless I'm feeling inspired right in the moment then it's probably going to take me weeks, sometimes even months, to get something specific out. For example: Mia's birthday was one week ago. I got the pictures up with no problem, but the pouring of the heart has yet to manifest itself in accurate articulation. My best friend's parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary last month. As a surprise gift she is compiling a book of letters, poems, stories, etc. from people in her parents' lives. She is ready to put the book together. Does she have my contribution yet? No! Gosh, I'm so frustrated with myself. When I have the free time to write I find myself too pooped to put anything meaningful together. When I may actually have some juices flowing in my head that are able to access and articulate what is in my heart, I do not have the time or ability to get anything down - electronically or hand-written! When things are meaningful to me I don't want to shallowly apply myself, but rather, desire to fully give from the depths of my heart. What a predicament I find myself in! And THIS was quite a lengthy parenthetical side-note and re-introduction!]
Back to Mia...
Mia, you are such a delight and a joy. You've been a fighter from the get-go, but to now watch you transfer that "fight" into ambition and really be persistent through the challenges of adolescence has been remarkable. I am so proud of you for not giving up, taking on a defeatist attitude, or allowing any kind of roadblock to actually block you. I love the ways you now seek to obey and learn with me. I love the joy and light-heartedness you bring into any room you enter. I love that you simply want to be near me. Your attentiveness and awareness to all around you baffles and excites me. Your quiet strength and leadership are going to continually impact and challenge those around you making them a better people for having you in their presence. Some of my very favorite things in life are because of, and encompass, you: Singing praises to God with you, talking in various accents, walking and twirling, sharing an apple with you in the morning, continually challenging my creativity with crazy hairdos during bath time, praying, and introducing me to the very special quality time that can be found in sharing a walk.
Thank you for eventually allowing me in, for trusting me, and for teaching me so incredibly much about life, children, parenting, and myself. I am a better woman because of you. If the Lord blesses me with a daughter I imagine and hope that she will be very similar to you; what a proud mother I will be.
Happy Birthday MiaaaaaAAAAHHHHH.
I absolutely loved what you wrote to Mia. Wow. I envision her reading those words when she's 12 or 13 and able to actually see your heart in them and for her.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Thank you for reminding me that you want to contribute to Mom & Dad's gift. I know you will find the time...and the inspiration. Honestly, the gift would be incomplete without your words. NO pressure!