Though I could delve into some of the deeper places of gender differences: the fulfillment that comes when walking in our role, God's design, the differences between love and respect, etc., I really just wanted to share about a recent reunion between the nature-loving-childlike-heart Janelle [uh, me] and a cattail. This blessed reunion was 15 years in the making! 15! But oh what a joyous reunion it was. The smiles, twirls, and magical wonderland that came with the once-separated-loves, now reunited, were beautiful. I danced, I twirled, and I smiled with glee as I watched the wind carry the "pixie dust" from the reed of the cattail off into the air around creating a most-magnificent wonderland all around me.
Wow, would you look at all that fun waiting to be had! Beautiful.
Due to my recent [and totally glorious] reunion with cattails, I got to chuckle with a friend at another classic example of gender differences. I engaged the conversation squealing with great delight over my discovery [and reunion] and shared all of the wonder they brought to my childhood days. "These things are amazing! I loved them so very much. They were wonderful for infusing the air with magic pixie dust to twirl in, to watch drift off with the character of the wind, and they made the perfect sprinkles on mud pies!" His response, "Yeah, I had some of those around where I grew up too. We used them as swords." Swords? Swords!? Oh the majesty in it all. He later shared with me how they were also great rockets with the trail they left in the air, and the explosion made when they hit the ground was a sight to behold!
I heard the same boyish childlike delight in him as he reminisced on the swords and rockets which matched that of the girly childlike delight found in me with the pixie dust, magical wonderlands, and mud pie sprinkles.
All of this from some of these:
even the dragonflies love them!
Thank you Lord for Your creativity and wonderment displayed in cattails and gender differences.
wow, janelle. gorgeous photos!
ReplyDelete